Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Outfits

I'm back from my interview. It went well, but then I think ALL my interviews go well and I'm still unemployed. lol I would take the job if it's offered. As with most any position, there are both pros and cons, but with enough pros to outweigh the cons. I was going to elaborate but realized I could be Googled, so I'll be smart about it. But I will say I did like who I'd be working for, the practice specialty would be interesting to me, and the commute is very good — the potential cons were discussed during the interview so I've got nothing to hide about that.

Anyway, I found something besides the blue suit to wear. I wore pantyhose which are not shown here. I actually took photos as soon as I got back, but my camera ate them so I had to recreate. I wasn't doing the PH again. I'm sure you understand.

Spot the 3 sleeping pups

This "suit" is more RTW that I bought 3 years ago when last job-hunting. The skirt never fit quite right back then (too tight) but now it's on the big side. Good thing there's an elastic waist. Speaking of which, the darn elastic is twisted inside the casing. Not twisted in the way you can wiggle it to untwist, but twisted once before the ends were joined so it's permanent. How irritating. Another thing to add to my "mending" pile, that will probably never get done, right?

The jacket is also too big, which is more obvious when I button it. In the pic above, you can see how much extra fabric/ease there is on your right, under my arm, and the princess seams are kind of baggy at bust level. Nice. The blouse I made from an Ottobre Woman issue, and it's now too big too and the bust darts are almost UNDER my bust. How can that be? I did not shrink in shoulder-to-bust length. I suppose it's the new bra which must be making the girls ride higher and perkier. Perky? Yeah, right, but I'll go with the illusion. But, really, that much higher? I don't think so.

Although I seem to be only complaining about the fit of this outfit, it's really not noticeable unless you're me or I'm pointing it out. It's a flowy skirt and the blouse darts are hidden. I thought it was more appropriately summer-y than the boring blue suit. I must be right because the intern in the interview office complimented me and said I looked so nice. Of course, she also told me that others have shown up for an interview wearing scroungy jeans so capris and a tee would be an improvement over that.

Here's what I'm wearing now. In case you haven't guessed today's theme - it's too big also. This pic was taken with me sneakily grabbing a bunch of fabric behind me while posing.

The footboard does nothing for my hips. ;-)

And this is with the fabric hanging freely. Another one for the mending pile. Or maybe I'll just make a new tee from the skirt section since the bodice/shoulders are kind of droopy too. I'm glad I'm losing weight, but it does suck that I have very few clothing items that fit well right now. If I don't find a job soon, I'm going to have to BUY a new suit. Or resign myself to real alterations. Um, I choose Plan A. ;-)


In case I wasn't goofy enough last night with my rambling stream of thoughts, here's me hamming it up after clicking 342 pics just to get 3. Exaggerating. About the numbers, not the ham.

Hey Sailor!

And one more thing that's just about too big? My Spanx. Seriously. That's just not fair.

* * * * *

Thanks also for the ideas about checking my profile for my missing blogs. Unfortunately, I did already check there and what you see are mostly the quilting and miscellaneous blogs, not the garment sewing blogs. I'll just keep adding one by one. I suppose if I end up with some missing and I don't actually miss them, it's not a bad thing. Plus my blog seems to be loading faster now. Feel free to give me your blog link in the comments, or links to any others you know I used to have.

27 comments:

  1. are you sure you didn'd photoshop yourself? cause alot of you seems to be missing!!! j/k (i'm usually just a lurker but your new look has compelled me to comment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous in that top picture! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That interview outfit is great on you! Too bad it's too small. A good kind of problem to have, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too big Spanx! That has to be a milestone! Congratulations!! You look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great. It shows right away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I think you look fabulous. You would be the kind of person I could relate to if I needed a divorce KWIM. I'd infuse the first paragraph with more enthusiasm (and delete this comment), if I really wanted the job. But your appearance would make me want to to hire your attorney.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look terrific -- and congrats on the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, please! You not only can, you will be googled (and you should worry about these people if you're not). Do take down immediately both my comment and anything about the job not being just perfect... You looked good, don't blow it with technology :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your outfit looks great - exactly what is needed in an office during the summer season - save the ole' blue for fall and winter. Love the cammie bags! What a wonderful idea and the blog (where you sell them) is great. So enjoying reading your ramblings. Keep my fingers crossed on the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed on the job interview! I can't believe people are showing up to work at a lawyer's office in grotty jeans? Wow. I thought your outfit was great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look terrific and they'd be lucky to get someone with your spirit and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great for your interview, good luck hoping you here very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hti Debbie--Long time reader here, first time commenting (I think). Two things: 1. Dang, you look great! and 2. I'm so excited about your bag store. I'm going to pass the word along to a Marine wife I know, and hopefully she'll talk them up with her Marine wife friends. :) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. I laughed out loud at the "Hey Sailor". Too Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you get a call back. Looking as you did (great outfit) I'd give you a job. :) Having to buy an entire new wardrobe after losing weight is a bit pain, but also fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your summery interview suit is well put together. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you get a call back from the interview. And Dang Girl! You're looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your garments look terrific. I don't know how you keep your sense of humor with everything that is going on in your life. You must be one of those naturally happy people. Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best wishes in getting the job...
    ..also, I must admit that when I first looked at the pics I thought they all looked too big!
    You look fabulous!
    When you loose weight it will come off of the shoulder and back area too and will make clothes hang totally differently!
    I wish I had that problem.....
    thanks again for sharing
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you get a call back soon! I keep hearing the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so perhaps you should call in a few days to check?

    I got your book! SO excited to start with it, the pictures are stunning and it seems at least twice as full of projects as any other book I've seen on remaking clothes. I'll be doing pics on my blog so I'm going to go ahead and give you the address just in case: http://lazysubculturalgirl.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you get some good news from the interview soon. You're looking good, I hope you're not looking for any sympathy over the spanx being too big!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My gosh you look fantastic! I'd employ you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look really nice in your interview outfit! I am keeping my fingers crossed that this job is the one-sounds like a perfect match for this time in your life. mssewcrazy

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you show up for an interview in grotty jeans, how do you dress down from there? Scary! You look great, fingers crossed for the job. Having a whole wardrobe of custom-made-by-you clothes is a sad thing to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Debbie, I'm coming out of lurkdom. Congratulations on the weight loss - you look fantastic. I certainly hope you get a call back.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Debbie, you are looking GREAT! Congrats on the weight loss! Have fun creating a new wardrobe. I know you are up for the challenge.

    Darla in PA,
    sewingdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it when my clothes get too big! Having the same issue (low carb) so making new clothes. Your sewing adventures are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.