Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Ramblings

OMG. It's hot outside. It started out a perfect 80-ish degrees for the afternoon dog walk. But then the pooches decided today would be Leash Tugging Day and Lizard Hunting Day and Goat Chasing Day and Go Up and Lick Strangers Day and Barking At Horses and Donkeys Day. No different than any other day, really, except that the humidity level is rising and the longer you're I'm outside in it, the soggier you areI am when you I get back home so that what started at 80-ish ends up feeling like 95. Did I hear some of you have had another round of snow? Wanna trade? ;-)

I'm glad I decided to take pics of the new blouse *before* I went outside, even though my hair is still wet from the shower. At least the blouse was still dry then. But it was actually very cool and light feeling in the humidity … just what I had imagined and wanted, so I'm pleased with that.





I've been meaning to comment on one of the pattern pieces for this blouse. This one, for the ELASTIC in the sleeves. It's bad enough that there has to be an actual pattern piece instead of a length notation on the construction sheets (not that I'd follow that either), but …



… to say you need to cut two?



I know what they meant, and no, I don't usually cut out these pieces, but this one just cracked me up.

11 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you walked your dogs in the new blouse. Anything new at my house goes to town and the old stuff walks the dogs. Of course I have a big newcomer to the group who puts the pawprints on whatever I have on. The blouse looks so nice- I have a feeling more of these may find their way to your wardrobe. It is amazing what your fitting skills can do to all these patterns. mssewcrazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color on you! Thor loves barking at passing things, too. It's a lot harder when they're dragging you along! And, yes, I'll be happy to send my 36 degree rain to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do want to trade! Anytime! You can have the 50's (not complaining too loudly as it is an improvement over the 30's we've had until last week), I'll take your 80's and 90's. Gladly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seriously crushin' on that coral colour this spring/summer season. Your new blouse is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Eighty degrees in April?? We still have snow. My top comfort zone is about 70 degrees so Alaska works well for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah but you would be surprised at how many people would only cut one without the instruction to cut two! Thanks for the pics ~ especially the back view! You must have the patience of a saint to take that one! Anyway, I love the center back seam and how you scooped the excess away. You can really see that fit detail in the finished garment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, I just love your blog - it makes me so happy to read about your sewing, dogs, family life, and cooking! And I must tell you that this blouse is gorgeous and the fit is utterly perfect. You are my hero! ;)

    SherryV

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blouse looks lovely. I can't believe you had those buttons in your stash. What a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blouse. I like the gathering at the yoke. I think that it a really flattering detail on most people. So, did you cut two pieces of elastic? LOL - Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha! Funny post: I scratch my head over the stuff I find in patterns these days and never even think to point out how silly it is. Thanks for the "back up and take a second look"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, great blouse. I'm in the most temperate place in Canuckland and I'm still wearing my faux fur all week. TGIF

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.