Thursday, April 26, 2007

TickTockTickTock…I Made It!



Here's a blurry photo which shows none of the details, like the embroidery. It figures! But it does show in real life. I'll try to get better pics later. Or I might just collapse. Fast sewing is not my forté.

The top is another Burda WOF 06/2005 (#111).



This makes #3 for me. For this one I stole the gathered short sleeves from my recent make of Butterick 4986 . I love this WOF pattern, but today I wasn't lovin' the binding process. It's as if my binder knew I was in a hurry and had sabotage on its brain. I ended up interfacing the binding strip and then running it through the binder, which worked. But sheesh, enough already. ;-)

I think it's a bit too long, but tunic length is in so maybe it's not. I don't know. I'll run it through the laundry cycle one time and then re-evaluate. For now, I don't have time to worry about it. My hair is still wet and I've got to be out of here in 30 minutes.

11 comments:

  1. Deb,
    This outfit is beautiful. Love the colors. The embroidery on the capris really adds that expensive look. You do make such great outfits. I read your blog regularly. Not on the sewing subject but awhile back you posted the recipe for the ham and broccoli roll. I have made it twice and each time got raves and requests for the recipe.
    Thanks so much for all you do.
    Donna Wicks
    Edmonton, Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, plus you made it in time too. :) Personally I like the longer length for the top. It makes you look taller and as we know taller = thinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl! Love that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! I agree with Belinda, I like the longer length too! Congrats on getting it done so nicely under pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this came out great, I love the colors, they look wonderful on you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done...you beat the clock. The embroidery looks really nice (in the previous post).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, do I ever love that outfit! The color, the embroidery, the sleeves and .....awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and the fit of the pants is really wonderful. But for my 2 cents, shorten the top. The balance is off with the capris. It might work with longer pants, but not with the shorter length.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you tried Perfect Sew to stiffen the bindings on limp fabrics? It washes out and can be dried quickly with a hairdryer. Its from Palmer Pletsch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful outfit! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit!

    I'm not usually an embroidery kind of girl, but in this case it just looks right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.