Sunday, April 1, 2007

I've got nothing

The weekend is nearly over and has anything come out of my sewing room? NO! It's been one of *those* weekends. That's not to say that I didn't get in there yesterday and this morning, but I hated what I tried so I just gave up.

I actually traced 2 Burda WOF pants patterns, cut the muslins and sewed them up. The first one was me trying to upsize a non-plus size pattern. It mostly worked but something went wonky on the front seam and I didn't feel like figuring it out or messing with it. So then I tried a similar design that was already a plus size, except it was for a knit. I traced a size smaller than usual and it was way too big to even think about doing in a woven.

After that, I was asking myself why am I trying to reinvent the wheel when all I want is very easy, very casual summer capris? Why not use a TNT pattern? So, that's what I'm going to do when I can get back in the sewing room and the sewing mood.

For now, I'm stuck doing the paperwork I was putting off and finishing up the drywall in the family room. No flooring has been started yet, but we're very close. I'm hoping to have a finished floor in there by the end of next weekend although I'll probably have to work on it in spurts over the upcoming week.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, some days are just like that - no luck in the sewing room. but at least you tried! I need to stick more to my TNT's also. Good luck on the house remodel work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie - I'm surfing the net instead of cutting out the next dress up. The only good thing is a found a lace pattern for a skirt in progress!!! Good luck with the capris. g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee....welcome to MY world! I haven't sewn in so long I've forgotten what it's like, and I'm not enjoying that layoff one bit.

    Good luck on the floor and the paperwork this week! Sometimes you just have to go with the flow, y'know? I know you'll be sewing and creating again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.