Saturday, August 5, 2006

We now interrupt this PSD for another PSD



Today was supposed to be a PSD, as in Personal Sewing Day. The menfolk took off for the movies and left me alone to do with my day as I wished.

I went upstairs and that's when I realized that I had completely forgotten to prewash the fabric I was planning to use. Sigh. OK, I can delay since I need to do some laundry anyway. I gathered up the dirty clothes, made my way to the kitchen to clean up after lunch makings on my way to the laundry room and ...

PSD turns into Personal Stress Day at the Money Pit. We have a well for our water and it seems that the pump that brings it into the house isn't working. Instead of water, we have stinky iron colored sludge, splatters and air coming out of the taps.

DH and Well Repair Guy (who charges $125 just to show up) are now out at the front of the proprety fending off mosquitos and trying to assess the problem.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have water before the weekend is over, but I'm not optimistic. There's only a couple hours of daylight left for today and unless it's an easy problem to fix, we'll be waterless until ... ??

Needless to say, the sewing mood went away. But since I don't have much else to think about right now, I'm going to try to distract myself by tracing a pattern from the latest Burda WOF. And, boy do I wish I had filled up my iron this morning when I first thought about it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. I hate those kind of PSD days and it sometimes seems as if they show up with way too much regularity.

    Here's hoping the well problem is nothing major and you are back to having clear and clean water - and GOOD PSDs - soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your water is back. It must have been so disappointing to lose a PSD like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.